This is a senior management position for someone who can do it all - handle complex business situations, be an effective manager of multiple and diverse engineering teams, and is able to use their previous experience as a rock star engineer to be a hands on mentor and guide.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with talented engineering, business, and marketing professionals in an exciting and dynamic environment. You will be responsible for managing multiple teams of software engineers to deliver effective application and solutions that drive significant company revenue, as well as two high traffic consumer web sites. You will have 10 or more years of proven technical experience and solid managerial and leadership skills combined with excellent oral and written communications skills, and an ability to balance multiple projects and meticulous attention to detail. While this position is strictly a managerial (non-coding) position, candidates must have a proven track record of delivering highly scalable applications as a direct technical contributor. Candidates need to be smart, fun, and enjoyable to work with, love to "make things happen", embrace change, and can thrive on working in a very fast paced environment.
Desired Skills & Experience: • Up to date and hands on expertise in Linux, Java, Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
• Experience and hands-on knowledge of Hadoop/MapReduce
• Demonstrated success in shipping significant product as an engineer in an individual contributor role in a fast paced startup or small company
• Have been an effective technical lead in delivering products in a fast paced startup or small company
• Have been an effective software engineering manager in a fast paced startup or small company
• Can add significant value in a direct and tangible way to code reviews, design reviews, and analyzing product specs
• Effective at interviewing software engineers
• Effective at partnering with multiple business owners
• Comfortable getting in front of a whiteboard and discussing both high level architecture and low level coding/algorithms
Qualifications and Requirements:
• At least 10 years of technical expertise including recent experience with high-performance consumer facing websites
• Strong people management skills, with at least 3 years of managing technical teams
• A history of success in hiring, retaining, leading, motivating, and mentoring top-tier technical talent
• An in-depth and hands on knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Java and related open source technologies
• Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
• Proven success at an internet startup or early stage company
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
• Ability to serve as the focal point for other departments on project status and information
• Ability to work hard and fast while maintaining attention to detail. Have a sense of urgency
To find out more contact us at:
Jon Freehling President The Profile Group, Inc.(Technical Placement Firm) 607 North Ave. Suite #14 Wakefield, MA 01880