Senior Software Engineer (Web & Travel Company), Newton, MA Code: 13-111
• Touch code at every level – from the UI, to the servlets and backend services, down to the database.
• Be responsible for the code quality on your team.
• Mentor more junior developers.
• Work with core engineering, marketing, and our content teams to lead our continuing initiatives to maintain high content quality.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 6 years of software development experience
• Experienced in developing code for high-volume systems
• Solid understanding of Java and Object-Oriented architectures
• Comfortable with Linux and its standard utilities
• An understanding of AJAX and other Web 2.0 technologies
• The successful candidate will communicate well, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
• Prior experience in small startup environment a plus.
• Driven results within a strong, talented, opinionated team, and have a solid track record of project delivery.
• Proven that you are a leader who prioritizes, communicates clearly, and partners effectively with both technical and non-technical employees
To find out more contact us at:
Jon Freehling President
The Profile Group, Inc. (Technical Placement Firm)
607 North Ave. Suite #14
Wakefield, MA 01880