Senior Software Development Engineer (Amesbury,MA) 13-102
We are looking for a self-starting software engineer to join our Linux software development team who is skilled in C++/Unix and QT application development. In this role, you will be defining, designing and implementing various portions of applications running on our pump. You’ll be a member of a high performance, Agile, software development team that works closely and collaborative to achieve great results. Exceptional communication skills and a desire to work with others in a team environment are critical.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
• Design and implement medical applications running on a Linux platform using C++, QT and QML.
• Familiar with UML state charts and Use Cases • Motivated by innovation & design, able to take new tools and quickly come up to speed to use them.
• Able to work in an Agile software development environment where the emphasis is on the continuous delivery of quality and customer value.
• Able to engage collaboratively with pump users and other engineering functions such as, hardware, test, mechanical to collaboratively and iteratively design software and tests.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience • Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively with others • Strong object oriented design skills including design patterns, SOLID experience and a Test First mentality • Strong understanding of development challenges associated with embedded, multi-threaded, real-time Linux systems • A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing in C++ • A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing user interfaces, preferable in QT and QML.
• Experience in the medical device industry is a plus
To find out more contact us at:
Jon Freehling President
The Profile Group, Inc. (Technical Placement Firm)
607 North Ave. Suite #14
Wakefield, MA 01880