Server Infrastructure Engineer – Boston Code: 13-108
The successful candidate will be joining as a senior member of our global infrastructure team which has responsibility for addressing infrastructure support issues, maintaining and managing the overall performance and availability of our corporate Microsoft based network, Linux infrastructure and other hosted systems. They will also be expected to take on team leadership of a regional team, including mentoring and performance review responsibilities in line with business growth in the Americas region.
- Support for Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, Citrix, System Centre and many other server based platforms.
- In region stakeholder management
- Running Service Reviews
- Administering a VMware production environment and other Server Infrastructure.
- Installation and support of hardware (including servers, PC's, network hardware, printers, PABX and telephony systems)
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot backup systems
- Resolving incidents within agreed service levels.
- Technical input into infrastructure changes following change management processes.
- On-call 24x7 end-user support (on a shared rota with IT in other regions)
- Identify underlying problems discovered during day-to-day operations, raising them with the Infrastructure Manager as appropriate, and managing them to resolution.
- Complete routine operations schedules for servers, server applications, databases, systems and network elements using established and repeatable procedures following corporate standards and requirements. Updating or writing additional material as required.
- Liaison with other support teams and third parties to ensure that incidents are escalated and resolved within the Service Level Agreements.
- Occasional overtime, out of hours work and flexibility to work at other locations may be required from time to time.
- Support and maintenance of the current server and network infrastructure based mainly on HP and Dell servers, Cisco, Juniper and Check Point network devices.
- Ensuring that the various IT platforms are operated in a secure and efficient manner by following best practices and Company policies and standards, and performing pro-active maintenance.
- Business continuity activities including backup and restore functions.
- Maintaining system documentation
- Team Leadership – Performance reviews; Work Prioritisation; Roster Management; Mentoring; Objectives Setting
- Processing incidents and problems escalated from the Helpdesk within clearly defined processes aligned to ITIL best practice.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by Infrastructure Manager
Education / Experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in a busy IS Department or other relevant work experience.
Required (One or more of):
- MCSA / MCSE (preferred).
- CCNA / CCDA.
- Linux / Unix Experience
- Install, configure & support Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, Active Directory, Exchange 2003, SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, Windows XP & Windows 7
- Install, configure & support of VMWARE (Infrastructure 4.1 preferred)
- Networking & Security – TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall
Intermediate level (some of)
- Install, configure & support of UNIX (Solaris & AIX preferred), Linux (Cent OS)
- Networking & Security – MPLS, VPN (IPSec & SSL), client security.
- Administration and support of SAN storage.
- Scripting technologies (VBS, Powershell, Bash, etc.)
- The successful candidate will also have experience with a variety of IT administration & management applications.
- This role may require travel to other international offices for work on remote sites.
- The successful candidate will be up to date with trends in IT and be able to relate these to business goals.
- Lifting & moving of equipment may be required during the course of work.
To find out more contact us at:
Jon Freehling President
The Profile Group, Inc. (Technical Placement Firm)
607 North Ave. Suite #14
Wakefield, MA 01880